Join me via my blog at Central Methodist Church, Todmorden for REFLECTIONS during LENT
On each Sunday throughout Lent starting 9 March until Easter Sunday 20 April 2014 we have started a series of twenty-minute reflections. You may not be able to attend in person; and so instead I would like to invite you here to take a few moments of stillness and reflection in the midst of your busy life.
Format: Short prayer; reflection; suggested music to listen to in the comfort of your own home; blessing to end
We are following a theme of reflections from “the heart’s time” by Janet Morley:
- Week One: Expressing our longings: what do we truly desire even if it is hard to express?
- Week Two: : Struggle: what are our self delusions and less than lovely motivations?
- Week Three: : Being where we are: accepting ourselves and our place in the world.
- Week Four: A reckless way of going: facing ill-health or disabilities and our own mortality.
- Week Five: : Altered perspectives: looking at authority and power from a different angle.
- Week Six: Holy Week: human betrayal; God’s pain at our rejection; and His infinite love.
- Week Seven: never turning away again-Resurrection: joy, amazement and confusion in the Gospels. How do we react to resurrection today?
I have been slow to start this blog as this is my first venture into blogging and I have made mistakes along the way.
I am pleased to start on St Patrick’s Day. Like St Patrick before his journey to Ireland I was “almost giving up” when I discovered the major error and learnt how to activate the blog.
You are welcome on one, or every post during Lent. Settle down to read, listen to the suggested music and reflect.
I welcome comments that are sincere, loving and gracious even when you disagree.
Love and best wishes to all